2011-12-16 Beautiful Britannia 2011 R3 - Release!
Friday, 16 December 2011 00:00
The Download is already available on my project site on Aiera.
Comparison screenshots, which illustrates some of the changes that have been made, will be available here within the next week.
* More than 150 new designed Textures (Terrain, Foliage, LB Castle, Walls), most of them in higher resolutions than the original ones.
* More than 15.000 objects added (Flowers, Grass and other plants, Butterflies, most of them around yew) to the original release from 1999.
* Contains the latest version of U9BB.EXE (supports more than one fogless overworlds, those overworlds will be implemented in future releases)
From now on U9BB.exe can be created by using U9PatcherEXE.exe (separate installer), please look into U9BB-readme.txt for details.
Terrain textures are not completely finished yet, please excuse the disburbing effects because of missing transistions.
Quick Install instructions:
* Unzip the Release into your Ultima IX install directory (where u9.exe is located, otherwise the Installer will not work)
* Now you have a new directory within your Ultima IX install directory, named BB, with a Subdir named BB2011R3, further the Installer called BB2011R3.cmd
* To the next please run BB2011R3.cmd
* At the first start the Installer creates a Backup of the original files in the BACKUP Subdir of the BB2011R3 directory.
* Enter 1 for installing the BB2011R3 (Enter 2 for restoring the previous installation)
* Now please start a new the game using U9BB.EXE (fogless overworld) or standard U9.EXE (overworld with distance fogging).
* BB2011R3 will further work every early savegames from the earth map or stonegate.